With Christmas just around the corner, it’s now the right time to start thinking about celebrating the season to be jolly with lively and beautiful decor around the house. We have collected a few budget friendly DIY ideas that you can use to spread the cheer this holiday season.
Cinnamon Stick Candle Holder
This cost-effective decor item is also friendly for your pocket. With just two packs of cinnamon sticks, some burlap and twine, small glass jars and cinnamon scented candles you can have this candle holder ready to impress guests. Just follow the easy steps below:
- Clean the glass jars and remove any price tags. [PRO TIP: A spray of WD-40® Multi Use Product is a great way to get rid of sticky price stickers]
- Cut the cinnamon stick half an inch shorter than the height of the jar with floral shears or wire cutters. [PRO TIP: Keep shears and Wire Cutters clean and rust free with WD-40® Multi Use Product]
- Hot glue the cinnamon sticks to the sides of the jar and let it dry.
- Wrap a burlap ribbon around the container and tie a bow.
Nature Themed Decor
A great way to get back to basics this holiday season is to incorporate the nature around you to craft a unique look for your holiday decor. Go outdoors and reconnect with nature making it a fun activity alone or with the family to collect pine cones and use them in your home. Here are a few ideas:
- Pine cone tree: A pine cone tree is a great decor project that the whole family can get involved in. Paint the pine cone with your favorite color (or green for the original look) and let it dry. Apply some glue on the edge of each spine on the pine cone and sprinkle some glitter on it. Glue the pine cone to a small terracotta pot after it dries and glue a star on top. Check it out on Crafter’s Delights. [PRO TIP: WD-40 can be used with a rag to clean the decoration piece without damaging the paint]
- Pine cone lighting: Express the Christmas snow theme in any room by dressing up your hanging light fixtures with white-tip pinecones. The tips of the pinecones can be brushed with fake snow or white paint. Glue a fishing line to the bottom of the pine cone, and carefully hang it on your light.
- Pine cone gift tags: Country Living’s “Pinecone Crafts for Holiday Decorating” has 17 great ideas on how to bring nature into your home for the holidays. One idea is to enhance wrapped gifts with pine cones and other natural elements (cinnamon sticks, plastic winter berries, etc.) with gift tags onto a velvet ribbon.
To learn more about the multiple uses of our WD-40® products please click here.